Sunday, November 14, 2010

Zzzzzzzz sure to follow

Don't know how I ended up without any pics to go with such a long but productive weekend. I worked Saturday then helped Judy finish the new kitchen cabinets at her house. That lasted until past 1 am, but it was actually kind of fun and it felt good to know that phase is done and she is closer to getting a functional kitchen back. By the time I got back from Jacksonville and wound down, I didn't fall asleep until 4am. Not one able to sleep long after the sun rises, I was back up at 8 and got the day going. Worked on a project at Jane's, then off to dog club with Jane and Sydney for holiday pictures. We also met up with several other people for training and play sessions for all the dogs.
Jane has a nibble on the island house, so keeping our fingers crossed, we went over the offer paperwork this afternoon.
At sunset, Judy and I took two of the dogs for a long walk, which led us past Katie's memorial tree at the park. I stop by every now and then, but today seemed a bit more special since i had someone else there to share the moment with and I nearly lost a tear or two. It's been four years and five dogs since she's been gone, but it's nice to sometimes have old memories stirred up and be able to reminisce.
For the fist time in who-know-how long, I actually ate dinner at 6:30, rather than 10 or 11. The fire is going in the fireplace and I'm going to go enjoy it with some popcorn and hot tea. Something tells me I'll be lucky if I'm still awake in 20 minutes when Lyle calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment