Monday, October 12, 2009

Is this an Infestation?

So, after arranging for the humane society to neuter the male friend I acquired for 'Touille, my new female rat, it turns out the surgery wouldn't make much difference in events to come. As my friend Tomi (from whom I got her) said, apparently 'Touille already had biscuits in the oven when she was purchased at the pet shop. I had noticed she seemed to be getting suspiciously round, as you can see by comparing the picture from exactly two weeks ago to the one taken this morning, but was foolishly hoping it was just a healthy appetite. The great event happened while I was at work today. Eight of the pink little buggers. Can't say they are cute, but it is kind of neat how you can see the milk they have ingested through their thin belly skin. Fortunately they grow quickly and three week old rats are very cute and make great pets.
Who wants one, or two....? Anyone? Anyone?













1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!!! Only you, Wade. Only you :-) Congratulations on the little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete