Sunday, May 29, 2011

Formby, Nov. 17, 1995 - May 29, 2011

We lost our littlest friend today. It's hard to believe Formby had been with us for over 15 years. It was my idea we get a toy poodle. It seemed a tiny dog would be an easier second dog in the small apartment we lived in at the time. I don't think Lyle was thrilled with the idea, but he went along for my sake. I quickly learned a small dog needed just as much training as our larger dog and a poodle needed decidedly more grooming. Lyle found that little dogs can be fun after all. In fact, while Formby became my obedience and agility competition dog and she did quite well, her heart belonged to Lyle who spoiled her terribly. Formby really didn't love competing, so after an assortment of titles were earned she retired early and spent the last half of her life living in luxury with Lyle catering to her every desire. She traveled happily back and forth between our house in Springfield and the apt up north, never bothered as long as she had a soft pillow, and a ray of warm sunshine or a space heater to curl up to.  So many nights Lyle and I would talk on the phone before bedtime and I'd hear him exclaim that he and Formby had shared a New York strip for dinner - nothing less for Formby. As it should have been…

Lyle shares an epithet: 

Sacred to the Memory of
Formby
Beloved friend and pet.
Remember, Lord, not our transgressions,
but forgive when we transgressed,
and be thou our correction.

Formby Makes Headline News CDX OA NAJ RN




























2 comments:

  1. Formby was the first "little" dog I truly fell in love with. I have a great many happy memories of days spent working at WBU with our official fuzzy faced greeter. Rest in peace little girl.....we will miss you. Love, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many memories of that sweet little girl! There was only one princess Formby & she will be greatly missed. Endless goody sack rubs to you lil' stinky poo!
    -Gayla

    ReplyDelete