Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thanks Dad!

Last fall, Dad helped me measure for and pick out all new, energy-efficient windows for the house. This week he took three vacation days to come help me install them all. Thanks to Dad's expert planning and all his tools (love the power nailer!) the install went smoothly. We had a good system down - I ripped out the old ones (not as simple as it might sound since it's a 70 year old house) and he installed the new, following my path of destruction. It took nearly every minute of those long days (I'm talking eating dinner at 10:30 long) but every window is in place, plus we managed to make multiple trips to Jane's house to meet contractors and go buy tile for her bathroom remodel. I was glad to have his experience to help with that too.

So, here's to you, Dad. You're the BEST!




And a special thanks to the best Mom, too, for loaning Dad to me and for sending COOKIES!




1 comment:

  1. You're welcome on both accounts:)Can't wait til you come here to spend 3 days on my list of things that need done:)

    ReplyDelete